A good friend of mine sent me this link from tiny buddha a few days ago. It’s amazing how one little article can change a person’s outlook! I read the fifty creative questions, journaled some answers, and came up with these important points to focus on. If you’re working hard to make some creative dreams come true, I hope these points can help you too.
- Focus on daily baby steps. For me, this means edit at least one chapter of my manuscript every day, and work on one scrapbook page every day.
- Remember to “create like you can’t fail”.
- Connect daily with others who share your creative interests.
- “All of creation is born in the now”. Don’t reach for or worry about the future. Focus on today’s joy.
- Stay determined. Don’t give up! Remember, it’s one step at a time… “creativity blooms in the follow-through”. Persevere.
- Discipline! Work toward your creative goals every day, even if it’s only a little. Mark it on the calendar. Get rid of the things that don’t need to take up time and focus on the rest with discipline. You can get a lot done by working a little at a time.
- Work slowly and steadily and know for sure that it will all turn out for your highest good. “Allow space and time for creative dreams to ripen.” Believe, 100%, that your dreams will unfold when the time is right.
Thank you, Dawn, for the blog link. It lifted me up and helped me focus again!