Journaling is a personal and reflective process that helps you explore your thoughts, feelings, and values. It’s an excellent way to capture your favorite moments, brainstorm ideas, and ease the stresses of everyday life. Hopes and dreams are discovered in the journaling process and it can often be a way to realize your biggest goals.
- Here are a few tips that have helped me in the journaling process:
- Make a list of writing ideas before you begin so that your thoughts can wander as you write. This way you won’t feel rushed to get your words out before you forget what your original journaling topics were.
- Use prompts to get you started (visit my books or inspiration posts to get some ideas).
- You’ll feel more comfortable and inspired to write if your journal is fun and reflective of your personality. Choose one that gets you excited to put pen on paper (or make one yourself!). Add photographs, drawings, letters – anything that helps you personalize your journal. A new pen that you use only for your journaling can make it more fun too.
- Writing a dialog with someone or a letter that you don’t plan to send can help kickstart your journaling.
- A good journaling topic to get you started: Write what you are grateful for today. You can always find something to be thankful for in your day, and that can unleash pagefuls of positive writing.
- When you don’t know what to write, just start! It doesn’t matter what it’s about – ramblings often turn into the most personal and reflective journal entries.